Here’s a whole list of Switchel recipes:
1) Freeze in ice cube trays and add to a cold glass of water or tea.
2) Freeze for “Switch-cicles” in paper cups with wooden spoons
3) Heat it up in the winter! Add a small piece of cinnamon for a great mulled drink when curling up on the couch or add a dash of your favorite rum to take away the winter chill.
4) Shake 3 parts Switchel with 1 part of your favorite Vermont vodka over ice and add a sliver of lemon peel for a Switcheltini.
5) Shake 2 parts Switchel with a Tablespoon of FRESHLY squeezed orange juice (preferably a navel orange) and 1 part Dunc’s Mill Maple Rum (made in St Johnsbury, Vermont!) YUM!
6) Are you looking for something with a little carbonation? Put Switchel in your counter top seltzer maker and pump it up with some CO2.
7) Gerry, a Vermont Switchel Comapny fan from the Rutland area gave us this recipe dubbed the “HayMakers Mark”.
2 ounces Makers Mark Bourbon
6-8 Ounces Vermont Switchel
A few drops of Orange Bitters
Shake and serve on the rocks, and enjoy!
8) Feeling a little stuffy with a cold coming on? Heat up Vermont Switchel with a splash of whiskey and a pinch of cayenne to clear you out and help you sleep.
9) Here’s one called The Axe Handle from the Morgan Family
6 ounces of Vermont Switchel
A shot of bourbon
And juice of a lemon slice
Serve over ice in an Old-Fashioned glass.
10) We have had some other suggestions (Switchel Shandy and salad dressing and even a marinade for a pork loin) that have come our way that are just begging to be explored yet we are too busy cranking out Switchel to work on these right now. So if you are feeling creative grab some Switchel and let us know what you concoct.